We are Orbx.
Here at Orbx we design and develop simulation content for business and consumer applications, such as:
- General-purpose virtual environments
- Specialist aviation content for simulators and game engines
- Game development
- Digital Twins
Technology at Orbx means combining complex datasets with art. We create custom landclass textures for use in flight simulators, and virtual environments, as close to real life as you can get.
Our products recreate the highest fidelity that is obtainable across the range of flight simulator platforms and game engines, maximising performance and usability to create truly immersive environments.
- Ground textures and 3D modelling is created using aerial and photo imagery
- Seamless landclass tilesets, custom meshing tiles and vector-based geographical features
- Natural lighting and hand-crafted night lighting
- Audio with unique sampled sounds integrated into environments
- Custom solutions for real world simulation projects
Visit Orbx’s library on orbxdirect.com
Orbx Company History
In 2005, John Venema began working on a personal Australian terrain project for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, a PC-based entertainment simulator often used for real pilot training. Encouraged by an overwhelming response to previews on a small blog site, the project soon became a thriving user community and a gathering of very talented designers and developers.
With the advent of Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D (P3D) John saw the potential and Orbx was born. In 2006, Orbx was formally incorporated as a company and work began creating and releasing airports and scenery covering the entire planet.
If you wish to contact Orbx management about business opportunities, commercial partnerships, or other business-related matters, please email us.
No email tech support is provided. Please always use the Orbx Support page instead.
Orbx also has a refunds and returns policy.